November 11, 2012

A moment


In the simplest of moments I had the most profound feeling of utter happiness and of being content. After lessons, after missing a calligraphy class I really wanted to go to, after meeting up with our good friend Ota, after walking around the busy streets of Kawaramachi and Shijo and shopping at an amazing washi shop, we found ourselves sitting outside a Tully's sipping on coffee. Watching the fashionable residents of Kyoto stroll by, laughing and conversing, at that precise moment I felt as though I was exactly where I was supposed to be, like I could sit for eternity enjoying that very moment. I loved everything about that moment; people watching (a favorite hobby of ours in Japan), with my hubby across the table from me, with Ota teaching us new Japanese phrases. It's exactly this feeling and these experiences that are going to make leaving Japan so difficult. I love my life here. Despite all that I'm still quite excited to breath a deep lungful of fresh mountain air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment