August 11, 2012

Yukata

Amy and I were lucky enough to dress in yukatas, the favored summer kimono. We often see people running around Kyoto and festivals wearing these beautiful garments and my love for playing dress up had me desiring to be draped in the lovely fabric. My good friend and coworker Yuina was kind enough to invite us to her apartment where she lives with her parents and sister, Mao. Once there she lent us yukatas and her, Mao and their short mother dressed us. It's somewhat of a tricky process to do on your own, and we learned to wrap and left side over the right, for the other way is how the dead are dressed. Once dressed we headed out for Hanabi, or fireworks festival. Together with Rob, Ota and Ma-chan, we sat on a tarp in a park in Osaka and watched the amazing display of fireworks.

Yuina and Amy

Being dressed

Rob, Ota, Ma-chan and Yuina at the park

Amy and I


Hanabi

Hanabi 
Yuina, Amy and I

All of us, Rob, me, Ota, Yuina, Ma-chan and Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment